We are looking for a mid-level Product designer to join our team in Shanghai.
Located at the heart of China, Shanghai proves itself to be a hub for business and design. D2G a team comprised of Dutch designers, design and develop products for noteworthy Chinese corporations as well as international corporations from the USA and Europe. For both markets the team is focused on user-centered design, developing innovative new products and strong visual product identities. Recently we have been gaining strong demand from our clients due to our unique approach, focused on collaborating with manufacturers in an early stage to optimize products.
What we are looking for
Design2gather is looking for a designer who has a symbiosis of an analytical as well as a creative approach. We are looking for a designer who is proficient at generating great design visions in order to inspire the client as well as the rest of the team. If you love to unearth client needs, like to understand consumer insights through user research and know how to create design languages than this is the job for you and we would love to get in touch with you!
The ideal candidate:
• A Bachelor or Masters graduate in Industrial Design, Product Design, or with a similar educational background.
• Fluent in Mandarin and English.
• A great storyteller who can convey the right message.
• An aptitude for translating client needs and translating these to workable solutions.
• A portfolio that displays understanding, application and execution of Human Centered Design.
• Experienced with creating visual design languages that resonate with the client as well as the end user.
• Excellent hand sketching as well as digital visualization skills
• Experienced in the use of 3D and rendering software, such as Solidworks, keyshot etc.
• Strong affinity with color material finishing and form.