Quechua is looking for candidates with a great interest and aptitude in digital 3D modeling.
Quechua is Decathlon’s outdoor/hiking brand. Currently in the world top 10 ranking for its mountain and camping gears activity, Quechua’s goal is to become a leader within 5 years.
Quechua’s Design department has a strategic role in reaching the top rankings. 27 designers with unique and varied talents are sharing this goal, with the company’s fundamental concept to make accessible the practice and pleasures of outdoor sports.
Working with the all of the Equipment team, designers, product line managers and developers, you’ll be reporting to the Equipment Design Manager and you will be assigned to the design of Camping and Hiking category.
Following marketing and design directions, you’ll be proposing design packs including aesthetic, biomechanical and structural solutions.
You will demonstrate a strong team working spirit, working with other team and designers during research phases:
- Concept studies
- Styling research
- Design intention communication
Product Line managers and Equipment developers during conception and development phases.
- Formal creation with 3D modeling to prototyping.
- Design and Tech packs
- Technical constraints integration
- Colors and trim and Finishing rendering
This position requires an excellent knowledge of footwear design and especially in the hiking/outdoors category.
· 3D modeling and Cad Design background, at a Junior Level, will allow you to progress on the position
· You are passionate about sports
- Outstanding skills in 3D modeling (Alias, Rhino, etc.)
- Great visual communication ( Keyshot, Adobe CS, CC.)
- Interpreting and defining the design intent of the industrial designer
- Strong technical skills and technical knowledge of plastic products
- Superior organization skill and team working skills
- Adaptive, and passionate of new tools and technology
- Highly creative, you demonstrate through team interaction your leadership skills.
- Languages: English, French (optional but a serious plus)
You’ll be based in our brand new World HQ, near Sallanches, Haute-Savoie, France