Samsonite is the worldwide leader in superior travel bags and luggage, combining notable style with the latest technology and the utmost attention to quality and durability. For 100 years, Samsonite has leveraged its rich heritage to create unparalleled products that fulfil the travel and lifestyle needs of the sophisticated traveller.
For its Design Department based in Belgium, Oudenaarde, Samsonite is currently looking for a result-driven Designer.
The incumbent will be part of the Hard Side Design team reporting to the Senior Design Manager. He/she will be mainly responsible for supporting the design team during all stages of the product development cycle from concept through production.
He/she will build and maintain excellent relationships with the Product Managers, with the Product Development team, external suppliers and any other internal and external parties.
• Supports the Design team in translating conceptual ideas into preliminary design prototypes and ensures that sketches, mocks-up, prototypes and supporting communication material are made available within timelines to the design, development and marketing teams.
• Constantly seeks inspiration through attending fairs, looking for trendsetters, going to libraries, attending fashion shows, reading magazines, etc.
• Constantly seeks innovation in products, materials and new techniques.
• Prepares design packages as final reference before launch to production.
• Under the close supervision of the Senior Design Mgr, assists in any other design project as required.
Applicants should ideally:
• Have a first demonstrated successful experience in a branded consumer goods company.
• Have an excellent knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Rhinoceros, Keyshot and Adobe Premier.
• Be proficient in English.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Think out of the box.
• Continuously pay strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Have excellent organisational and computer skills.
• Be pro-active and show problem-solving skills.
• Show strong creative skills.
• Show the ability to perform well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a multicultural environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
• Be a strong team player
Any applications, including CV and cover letter should be forwarded to [email protected]