This is a one-year contractor role based in Newark, CA.
If interested, please email your resume and portfolio to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a creative CMF Designer looking for the opportunity to positively impact the lives millions of people and collaborate with a high-calibre multidisciplinary international team redefining the future of Logitech? The Design team is looking for a Senior CMF Designer to work as part of varied multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to the development of innovative and engaging user-focused products. From initial storytelling ‘vision’, through concept development to range assortment strategy, product specification and material qualification, you will have exposure to the full product development journey.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviours you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Researching consumer lifestyle and design trends, cross-referencing inspiration from fashion & beauty, furniture & home accessories, automotive, Packaging, Music culture, Fine Art and Digital Media
• Building CMF strategies that connect consumer lifestyle trends with material technologies and product concepts. Creating renderings, artwork and material samples to illustrate the strategy
• Researching innovative materials and processes, to drive game-changing product innovation
• Working closely with the Engineering Group to develop technologies into feasible ingredients for mass-manufacture
• Creating CMF specification documents to enable Engineers to realize the product concept
• Ensuring all product materials are colour-matched, approved and clearly documented
• Building Pinterest boards, trade show reports, material sample libraries and technical reference documents to share your findings with the global Logitech Design community
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviours to our team:
• BS/BA degree in Product / Industrial Design or Applied Arts
• At least 5 years of professional CMF design experience, story-teller, colour strategy, material and finishes for mass manufacture
• Excellent visualization and presentation skills, using Adobe Creative Suite and Keyshot.
• Technical expertise in manufacturing processes, and a passion for emerging material technologies
• Strong organizational skills
• Great visual, verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in English
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”