Open Position for Senior Designer (f/m)
formquadrat is one of the leading Austrian design offices based in Linz, a city of industry, business, the arts, design and creativity.
Our expertise ranges from the classic product design to the creation of innovation goods right up to transportation design.
We see design as the direct connection of a brand with the user.
Our internationally active customers from many industries value us as a company capable of thinking outside of the box and a powerful implementer.
• You think a product must not only be aesthetic, but also work perfectly?
• You want to question the existing and create the new?
• You are motivated to oversee a complete design process from the first research, to the concept creation, a sketch phase, the building of ergonomic models right up to the realisation in CAD and making prototypes?
• You are a team player, but also in the position and willing to realise projects alone?
• You want to learn something new and realise yourself and your visions?
Then you are the person we are looking for.
This is what you offer:
· Completed design-training and at least 2 years work experience in the field of product design.
· Very good sketching skills and confident computer handling in the design development process.
· Very good Adobe CS and Solid Works skills. Skills in Keyshot, Rhino, Alias or Fusion 360 are an advantage.
· Good know-how in the field of technology and production.
· Independent planning and processing of complex projects.
· Passion for innovative and functional design solutions.
· Confident decision making in the evaluation process.
· Confident and convincing when dealing with clients.
· Very good English skills.
· „Table soccer skills are an advantage.“
In return we will offer you:
• Permanent position in an attractive environment.
• Independent handling of interesting and exciting projects.
• An environment, which favours new design paths.
• An open, uncomplicated working environment and team spirit.
• Development perspectives in the company.
• Linz, a city of industry, art and education on the verge of becoming Austria‘s “creative city”.
In order to adequately evaluate your portfolio, it is important for us to see the complete design process, a range of sketches and of course the final design of your projects.
Salary: depending upon experience
German language is an advantage but not a must.