We’re looking for an energetic and creative Designer who is passionate about creating interior design and retail experiences that bring products to life. You thrive in a leadership role and enjoy partnering with talented designers from different disciplines. You live for collaboration and are just as fulfilled executing your concepts as championing others designs. This project is a multinational roll-out of a new retail experience through stand-alone store fronts, POS and kiosks.
- Deliver core interiors and environmental design expertise to multi-faced design projects
- Deliver comprehensive design submissions to clients in a timely manner and provide design support through the completion of projects by applying relevant design guidelines and standards.
- Present to client and internal stakeholders with full confidence and knowledge of project scope and direction
- Demonstrate creative abilities and applied problem-solving skills
- Self-manage and demonstrate high level of professional maturity
- Be high quality minded and self-motivated
- Partner with Strategy, Industrial & Experience Design teams within fuse, to execute and deliver uniquely strong, world-class, game-changing designs and outcomes.
- Assist in the development of designs, immerse yourself in project development and the production processes, and have an ability to work cooperatively within the design team
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular cadence
- Proven leader with 5+ years experience in retail, interior design, commercial interiors and furniture design
- Capable of managing design team across different work streams
- Strong client facing presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with architects, fabricators and clients to develop projects from sketch to delivery
- Excellent 3D visualization skills are mandatory
- Experience overseeing custom fabrication and on-site implementation
- Minimum five (5) years practical experience across all phases of design: conceptual design/sketching; design development; construction drawings and specification documentation.
- Experience integrating visual merchandising, signage, video and print graphics into environmental design work preferred
- Contemporary, internationally-savvy design sensibility
- Strong portfolio of completed, well-documented projects
- Software skills: e.g. Sketch-Up, Rhino, V-Ray, Maya, Photoshop, InDesign, Archicad, Keynote, Microsoft Office, core business productivity suites.
- Ability to deliver against aggressive deadlines, on-time.
- Proven experience creating, managing, and operating within comprehensive design budgets
- US / International understanding of building codes and safety regulations
- Understanding of typical furniture and interior spaces fabrication detailing and processes
- Proficient in researching and proposing FF&E (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) and sustainable selections; working within budget limits; expert in CMF (color, materials, finishes).
San Francisco, CA, USA