We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are building a Sky Industrial Design Team to bring the commercial benefit to the company of a deeply embedded, in-house team. We will move Industrial Design from a service provided by external agencies into a strategic asset, directly coupled with Sky’s brand, SW Design, business mission and hardware engineering expertise. This will unlock an advantage in a highly driven market” – Peter Griffith, Group Industrial Design Director – Industrial Design
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus includes six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
- Support the Lead ID in shaping the day-to-day design development and implementation for Sky, ensuring it’s in line with wider product and brand strategies and constantly aspiring toward perfection.
- Demonstrate experience with identifying relevant customer and commercial insights and be able to translate these insights into compelling design solutions.
- Take a product idea from concept to production while quickly broadening technical understanding as new technologies become available.
- Help to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design
- Work with partner groups both within and outside the Group Product team at product owner, and senior manager level.
- Advocate the value of design and User Cantered Design practices with partners across the business.
- Pair successfully with hardware engineers to help efficiently build designs to the quality and high standards we’re aiming for.
- Extensive experience with a specific focus on hardware product development
- A Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, product design or similar field
- Solid background in capturing business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
- Proficient with the latest tools and software 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Creo, Rhino, Alias), rendering (Keyshot, Octane, Redshift or similar)
- Proficient in 2D design, graphics, and Adobe Suite
- Excellent design skills in 3D form, sketching, 3D modelling, colour, material and finish
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in product design, versatility with rapid prototyping tools and methods, and a strong understanding of design and creative process is required.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.