A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
We are looking for an adventurous, passionate, and accomplished Industrial designer with world class design sensibility to join our Professional Design team in Shenzhen, China. This new design role opens an great opportunity to innovate and support the global team with focus on designing a professional equipment for Harman International.
The right candidate loves music as we do, brings a fresh perspective on design & innovation and has the ability to understand and translate latest fashion, interior and cultural design trends into iconic product experiences for Harman’s iconic brands in professional audio field, including JBL, AKG, Crown, BSS, AMX, Martin Lighting and many others. Right candidate is open for learning cutting edge technology of entertainment world, willing to innovate together with advanced engineering team, evolve his/her ability to develop products for real market.
You will take a lead role with hands-on responsibilities working in a very fast-paced, collaborative environment.
You understand that great design can amplify the lives of real people and how this builds a strong brand.
You have strong visual design sense as well as understanding the functionality of complex product systems and Brnad’s solutions.
The Senior Industrial Designer will take an key role in creative team with hands-on responsibilities working in a very fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Product design development from concept to the manufacturing for the key Harman’s brands in professional audio field.
- Harman’s brand design language vision, development, and implementation.
- Work in a international team, but also have the ability to work through the design process from end to end independantly.
- Work on the design of products, accessories, and experiences.
- Ensure that the team is creating and delivering innovative and ground breaking designs across categories and future vision projects.
- Lead all phases of the design thinking process from concept, to strategic, to tactical, and implementation.
- Conduct design brainstorming sessions.
- You will play an active role in our Design Team and be part of an eclectic group of great designers in an international environment.
- Prototype designs using in-house and 3rd party resources.
- Develop detailed product design specifications and CMF documents.
- Present design solutions to the team.
- Participate in user research activities.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of industrial design with an impressive portfolio to prove it.
- Experience in working with consumer lifestyle or professional brands.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all phases of the design process from trend research and design strategy to concept development and manufacturing execution.
- The ability to work seamlessly with leaders across functions.
- Deep knowledge of relevant software, tools, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills: fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D such as Rhinoceros, KeyShot.
- Experience defining Materials, Colors and Finishes. CMF
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- Highly driven and proactive self-starter - taking on a task without much context and driving it through to the end.
- Ability to multi-task many projects and products at once.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Design.
- Love for Design & Music, Passionate all things music related.
- An outgoing character with an excellent sense of humor.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)