Summary of Position:
The primary function of the Senior Industrial Designer is the creation, refinement and delivery of quality CAD data which reconciles the design vision with the functional, industrial, and commercial requirements of the product. While the role of the Senior Industrial Designer is ultimately creative, the primary expectation, medium, focus, and output will be CAD data. An engineer with a demonstrable aesthetic aptitude would be as good a fit as a CAD-focused industrial designer. Viable candidates will demonstrate ability to enhance Solidworks capabilities with appropriate incorporation of NURBS as well as sub-divisional and/or polygonal modeling.
- Efficiently generates quality CAD data
- Collaborates directly with internal partners to ensure CAD data satisfies all project requirements including, but not limited to, aesthetics, cost, DFM requirements, system clearances, assembly features, and FEA/CFD analysis.
- Creates and maintains dedicated CAD assemblies which satisfy the unique methodology needs of the Industrial Design team.
- Provides ID representation at Engineering meetings, documents and reports notable content.
- Communicates status on assigned content through established Zero motorcycles methodology-tracking system and protocol.
- Works with Marketing and internal Engineering partners to supply quality CAD data for Marketing use.
- Enhances personal software competence through formal and ad-hoc training.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends for reference and application in Zero motorcycles products
- Supports the Director of Industrial Design in a perpetual quest for improvement of the product through increasingly efficient creation of quality data.
Required Experience & Attributes:
- B.S. in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years in consumer product design
- 2+ years of styled surface development
- Applied industrial process knowledge, especially injection molding
- Immediate ability to work in the United States
- Demonstrable Solidworks mastery
- NURBS modeling experience
- Proficiency in English
Plus Skills and Experience:
- Sub-divisional and polygonal modeling
- Transportation and/or powersports design
- Interest/participation in the motorcycle world
- Digital Rendering; i.e. Keyshot
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to sit for up to four hours to perform duties, and to move around and collaborate with colleagues as needed.
- Must be able to mount, dismount, and move a motorcycle
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and squat, including lifting objects up to 30 lbs.
Other Requirements (if applicable):
- M1 certification or enrollment in MSF class