Who are we?
Born in 1991 from a small carpenter workshop of our founder, Sunon is today a leading office furniture brand in the Chinese market aiming to widen its presence worldwide. We trust in craftsmanship, we strive to provide the best workspace solutions for our clients, we focus on the efficiency, comfort and healthiness of our products.
Following our mission, in 2018 we established our first European R&D Center. Along with our HQ Design team, the Berlin’s office provides key insights for product development and improvement.
What can we do it better than before? How can it really be helpful for our customers? Where should it be refined to be innovative, smart, neat, up-to-trends?
Who are we looking for?
As a fast growing office, we need more brain power to share thoughts, generate solid concepts, design better products! If you have a relevant experience in furniture and/or consumer goods
within the field of industrial design, we need you with us to challenge the status-quo!
Designing a product suitable for the nowadays’ office involves a bunch of technical constraints and regulations, but above all shall answer to the constantly evolving needs of the working environment, especially in such a critical historic period.
As part of our team, you should be familiar with:
- approaching the complexity of an industrial product
- having a strategic approach to prioritise meaningful functionalities
- having a “why not” mentality: redefine the boundaries of an existing product typology
- supporting your ideas through prototypes or whatever else suitable
- fitting the product features into a sleek look
- following a project from scratch to production
A collaborative mindset and the willingness to work along with a multicultural, young, friendly and fast paced team are the cherries on the cake.
What would you do with us?
The daily tasks and main responsibilities you would be contributing to are:
- developing product strategies with the team
- trend research: CMF, technologies, functionalities, user needs
- team brainstormings
- concept generation
- 3D development and refinement of the selected concepts until a pre-engineering step
- building up concept presentations to show to the HQ in China
- fair visits within and outside Europe (we all hope this to come again very soon!)
Which requirements we would like from you?
Here is the skillset we imagine from our new team member:
- 3D modelling: Rhino (Solidworks and Grasshopper are a plus)
- Rendering: Keyshot
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Hand sketching and/or other quick and rough visualisation methods
- Workshop/prototyping/3D printing capabilities
- 5 -10 years of industrial design experience (office furniture is a great plus)
- Proven examples of products launched in the market
- Team worker, self organised, able to perform tasks and deliver independently if needed
- Education/degree in Industrial Design or equivalent field
- Settled in Berlin or willing to relocate, with eligibility to work in EU/Germany
- Able to start asap (of course eventual relocation timings would be took into consideration)
- Fluent spoken and written English (German is a great plus, other languages are welcome!)
- Everything else you can bring from your cultural and professional background!
What are we offering you?
At Sunon European R&D center we are a small family: what waits for you is a warm bright modern office in Berlin Mitte with a Design and an Engineering team. It feels like a growing startup with the support of a solid company.
We are a young tight-knit team and we like to keep a very positive office climate. No matter what your title is, which gender identity/ colour/religion/sexual orientation/nationality you are and you like: we all are on the same boat rowing for the same goal. That’s why is essential to us to find the right candidate not just from a technical point of view, but also from the human side!
In the beginning we will offer you a year-long contract leading to a permanent one, aside of occasional work travels visiting trade fairs, suppliers and events. We surely want you to stay and grow with us!
And…we have good coffee, a cool table on the backyard for outside lunches and a mindblowing cake/ice cream shop just next door. For anything else you would like/need, well…we are settled in the vibrant and multicultural district of Berlin Mitte!
If you like what you read and you feel to be the good one, please drop us some cover lines, your Resume and a Portfolio that highlights your achievements at
Please send only PDF files, not exceeding 10MB. Applications without the above material could not be taken into consideration.
Looking forward to hear from you,