Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
We are currently seeking a Senior Industrial Designer that possess outstanding product portfolio and client communication skills.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Crafting compelling design solutions.
- Providing leadership and support in presenting and selling in the work with clients and key stakeholders
- Ongoing and day-to-day involvement with the client’s team.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, both internal and at the client, across a number of different projects.
- Collaborating closely with the local fuseproject team, supporting the strategic design direction of the portfolio in-line with fuse SF creative leadership.
- Guiding and championing design whilst working closely with engineering teams
- Ability to communicate efficiently with design teams both on-site as well as in San Francisco on a daily basis.
- Working with HR to identify and recruit talent for the team
Required Skills / Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Industrial/Product Design
- Live, breathe, love design
- Passionate thinker about consumer behavior and design
- Strategic mindset
- Great communicator
- Experience with major national or international brands a must
- Sensitivity to international consumers and markets
- Appreciation and understanding of technologies, materials, manufacturing processes, and operations.
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are Required
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Product Design.
- This role will be dedicated to one specific client for at least a 24 month period.
- The ideal start date for this role would be 1st May 2020