Founded in 2015 by James Melia, Blond is an award-winning, strategy-led, London-based, creative studio that believes in conscious design. We work globally across many industries, including; technology, furniture, sustainable design, consumer electronics, and consumer goods.
We create physical products, spaces, and experiences for a range of clients; both large and small, from the world-leading brands to ambitious and disruptive start-ups. We offer these partners the full package, to include; industrial design, graphics, branding, UX and UI, packaging and visualisation (CGI).
We are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join our fast-growing team.
You will be an integral part of the studio and be exposed to all aspects of a design project, being involved in every stage of the process, from research to strategy, ideation to visualisation. Experience depending, you will also be expected to lead projects and manage client relationships.
- Depending upon experience - lead the (occasional) design team
- Participation in ideation sessions
- Engage in, and management of; desktop and field research
- Strategic design thinking
- Managing projects including schedule, resources, deliverables, and reviews
- CAD, visualisation and presentation creation
Skills and Attributes (required)
- At least five years of industry experience
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Eagerness to become part of a tight-knit team and a brand advocate
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Creativity and innovation-focused
- Exceptional CAD skills; must include Rhino (3D) and Adobe (2D)
- Strong Keyshot skills
- Able to present work beautifully, with clarity
- Ability to convey their work with engaging story-telling
- Great communicator and confident communicating with clients
- Willingness to teach and support other staff members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A strong understanding of design for manufacture
- Interest to work across multiple sectors
- Excellent knowledge of design
- Passionate about design
- Able to work in the UK
Skills and Attributes (beneficial)
- Able to start immediately
- Ability to speak a language other than English
- Knowledge of Solidworks or Fusion 360
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge of Adobe XD
- Knowledge of 3ds Max and V-Ray
- Comfortable with dogs
- Vitality Health Insurance
Please note, applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
- Send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
- Please title the email: Blond Senior Designer July 2022
- No Issuu or web-based portfolios please.
- PDF portfolio should be no larger than 15MB.
- No need to create a cover letter, please introduce yourself via email.
- Within the introduction email, please clearly state your availability.
Application deadline: 1st August 2022
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates.
Please submit applications using the \'apply\' link below or via email.