We are Box Clever, a leading Industrial Design & Brand consultancy based in San Francisco, recently recognized as one of the 2021 Top 10 Design Companies, by Fast Company.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Senior Industrial Designer who is passionate about creating exceptionally conceived and crafted physical products and experiences that delight consumers and help build category-leading brands. Our diverse team and studio is a dynamic environment that requires flexibility, a commitment to excellence, and a team-first mentality.
We believe in fostering a creative and collaborative environment, and you will be crucial in ensuring that our business and our team succeed each and every day. We design for real life, and real impact. Come join our growing team!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Deliver excellence, end to end, through the design process.
· Demonstrate consistent independence to drive programs at a high quality of craft.
· Mastery of CAD & visual presentation techniques.
· Proactively create content for internal and external reviews.
· Lead internal meetings and concepting sessions.
· Demonstrate solid DFM expertise to translate concepts into production-ready designs.
· Proficiency with physical mockups to explore and communicate design, using various mediums inc. foam, 3d prints, etc.
· Develop clear and engaging Product Stories, that blend strategy, design, and brand.
· Create thoughtful presentations that build trust with our clients.
· Prepare for and co-lead client meetings and presentations.
· Present with confidence internally and to clients.
· Lead the internal coordination of teams across disciplines.
· Be adept talking through design ideas, bringing the team and client along on the journey.
· Lead DFM calls with manufacturing partners.
· Truly understand our clients\' business and competitors, to help frame our strategic approach.
· Develop client relationships through a partner mentality.
· Can connect design concepts to strategy and the client’s brand.
· Be a leader and role model in the studio.
· Be an advocate for and mentor to our designers.
· Actively fosters team and cultural diversity within the studio.
· Demonstrate and support cultural initiatives in the studio.
SKILLS + BEHAVIORS
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design.
· 5+ years of industrial design experience with consulting experience a plus.
· Experience interacting with clients and external partners at all levels.
· Experience interacting with external engineering and manufacturing partners.
· Excellence in communicating design both visually and verbally.
· Mastery of CAD & presentation techniques.
· Solid DFM expertise.
· Demonstrable excellence in sketching, and form development skills.
· We not I attitude.
· Collaborative and Inclusive.
· Encourages diversity of ideas.
· Positive attitude and personality.