We are looking for someone who can lead, manage and present industrial product design projects from A to Z. At Made you work in multidisciplinary teams on strategic innovation projects where service, digital and physical challenges come together in relevant and impactful solutions that improve the life of the user and help our clients grow. Because you are yourself an Industrial Designer, the process of designing (physical) products holds no secrets for you. As project lead, you are able to correctly estimate and optimally deploy the capacities of the design team. You are a strategic sparring partner for the client.
● You autonomously lead projects and communicate with clients.
● You convert client requests into a clear project approach, strategy and offer.
● Vis-à-vis the client you are a strategic partner who continuously seeks opportunities to generate as much added value as possible.
● You can give a clear and unambiguous presentation to the client in word and image. You can sweep others along with your enthusiasm.
● You base yourself on insights derived from user research (in collaboration with our strategic team) in order to come up with relevant and impactful product proposals and solutions. You apply design methodologies that put the end user at the centre.
● You organise workshops and/or user panels and facilitate them both internally and with the client.
● You are more of a playmaker than a coach who observes from the side-line, so you don’t hesitate to jump in hands-on or with sketches, 3D models, renderings and presentations to propel the team forward.
● Within a project you know how to put a mark on the horizon and go the extra mile in order to guarantee quality and to communicate and pitch this (strategic) vision to clients and the team you work with.
● Internally you direct the multidisciplinary project team that delivers the desired design output.
● You draw up and monitor the project planning, you manage the project budget, you conduct the communication with the client and you guide the designers in your project team. You lead stand-ups and tactical meetings with a sure hand.
● You can ensure that you and your team translate strategic insights and user´s needs into concrete and tangible concepts and prototypes.
● You maintain the connection with our other departments (Digital and Strategy) in order to make multidisciplinary collaborations possible.
● You are the concept guard in the collaboration with engineering and development parties.
● You maintain a network of suppliers, producers and development partners.
What do we expect?
● You earned a master degree in product development, product design, innovation management and/or you have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
● You feel very comfortable with project management tools that give you insight into and an overview of how the project is progressing.
● Your project management skills and strategic insight are the most important qualities, given that very strong design experts are already present on the team, but:
● You have experience with 3D modelling software (preferably Solidworks) and rendering packages (e.g. Keyshot) and you can step in on this yourself if it is necessary.
● You can clearly and carefully visualise and communicate your ideas and concepts (Sketch, Adobe Cloud) and you have no fear of being the first to initiate a concept.
● You know how to make an inspiring presentation deck (Google Slides, Keynote, InDesign) and can convey it convincingly.
● You are familiar with the latest production and prototype techniques and material characteristics.
● You have a network of relevant suppliers within prototyping and production partners that you actively maintain and expand.
● You communicate in an authentic and structured way with clients and colleagues.
● You like posing (difficult) questions and you feel comfortable facilitating a workshop or co-creation session.
● You can express yourself and your ideas fluently in both Dutch and English.
● You have a class B driving licence.
What we have to offer:
● Challenging projects for progressive brands and ambitious start-ups that give you an opportunity to develop relevant innovative solutions with the latest technologies.
● In exchange for your talent, passion and technical expertise, you join a growing multidisciplinary team that offers a myriad of challenges! Our open, flexible and forward-looking culture gives you a range of possibilities for taking the initiative and assuming responsibility.
● A brand-new building that we have just moved into, specially-designed to be the ideal creative hub for ambitious talents.
● An enterprising spirit – in addition to client work, everyone also works in some way on fostering Made’s internal or external development.
● Made accompanies you in your personal and professional growth. Via the ´Made Academy´ we actively invest in the further development of employees, on both the technical and personal levels.
Your contribution and that of your colleagues makes Made a preferred partner for innovation. Your energy and efforts are appreciated and translated into an attractive market-competitive salary, supplemented by numerous benefits.
Send us your cover letter and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at: +32 (0)3 231 76 84