In this role you'll be the creative and executional engine behind a diverse array of projects, a power house of original conceptual ideas, sketches and techniques. You’ll be working within a project team to take these ideas through to delivery with expertise in developing, modelling and visualising.
Depending on the project, you should expect to:
• Be responsible for ensuring all project team output meets forpeople’s creative standards as directed by Associate Directors, seeking insight and inspiration to do so
• Use relevant ways of working including sketching, 2D/3D software and model making to convey your own and your team’s concept designs
• Contribute to the design of new product and service solutions for forpeople clients including the exploration, refinement and specification of appropriate arrangements, mechanisms, systems, experiences, materials, colour, surface finishes, manufacturing processes and packaging of objects.
• Take a senior role in these projects, their strategy and work in progress, ensuring deliverables meet the requirements of the client’s brief
• Be fully aware of the agreed project proposal including approach, timeline and deliverables
• Bring fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful insight to enhance overall project quality
• Build professional relationships with clients and suppliers, acting as point of contact for one or more clients when the Associate Director or Creative Lead is unavailable
• Help team to respond effectively to client feedback
• Integrate with colleagues from a range of disciplines including product, interiors, experience, service, and interaction
• Facilitate internal and client-facing strategic and creative workshops
• Mentor and support one or more of the Designers, Junior Designers and Interns in your project team, helping them develop their creative skills and processes
• Assist in finding new talent to join the business, take part in interviews when required
• Promote positive studio culture and contribute to studio wide initiatives
Who we are
Forpeople is a multi-disciplinary creative agency, making distinctly human products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies - including Adidas, British Airways, Coca-Cola, Herman Miller and Intercontinental Hotels Group.
Founded in 2004, today we’re an intensely collaborative group of over eighty specialists, working together in a remarkable old pickle factory in South London across projects that span industrial design, strategy & insight, interiors, forecasting, user experience and brand communications.
Our work is wide-reaching and ever-changing, yet always anchored by a single, simple focus. People. Because ultimately, if design isn’t for people, then who is it for?
Who we’d like to find
Since 2004, we’ve grown from only four to over eighty by finding the right people – people that don’t only slot right in to our studio culture, but bring something incredible to it.
This role requires:
• A degree in a creative discipline
• A developing portfolio of innovative & creative design work
• An understanding of design & production processes
• Experience contributing creatively to multiple projects
• Knowledge of 2D (Adobe) & 3D design software
You’ll stand out if, like us, you:
• Have a thirst for knowledge
• Are creative, optimistic and entrepreneurial
• Are driven to succeed, decisive and can dependably deliver
• Are collaborative, influential and respectful of values
What we offer
People mean the world to us. That includes looking after our own, with things like:
• Global clients and world-class work
• A competitive salary
• A strong bonus and benefits package, reflecting both company and personal performance
• Training, support and personal career development
• A generous company pension
• A unique, inspiring working environment filled with incredible, likeminded people
• A frankly ludicrous snack cupboard and a culture like no other