DO YOU BELIEVE?
Do you believe sleep is the foundation of success in life?
Do you believe an afternoon nap is better than coffee?
Do you believe in being effective rather than looking busy?
Do you believe in choosing cooperation over competition?
Do you believe in showing gratitude every single day?
Do you believe and resonate with our core values?
List of values: http://bit.ly/2vQ9IMP
If so, this could be an amazing opportunity for you!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Manta Sleep Is Looking for an Experienced and Organized Senior Industrial / Soft Goods Designer, with a Proven Track Record of Turning Ideas into Products via Manufacturing in China.
We need someone who:
Is an industrial / soft goods designer with excellent aesthetics and a proven track record of turning ideas into shippable products.
Has years of experience working with Chinese manufacturers and navigating complex relationships in order to deliver products on time and on budget.
Is a self-starter who, when given resources & training, can get things done without hand-holding.
WHO WE ARE
Vansburg is the parent company of several category-winning consumer product brands, including Manta Sleep.
At Vansburg, we believe people will experience joy and satisfaction working in an environment that has a clear direction, strong values, minimal bureaucracy, and that fosters appreciation, recognition, learning, and growth.
We believe when people are in this environment, we’re able to create something truly cool and beautiful together.
Through Vansburg’s primary consumer-facing brand, Manta Sleep, we believe sleep is the foundation of everything good that happens in life, so we work to empower light sleepers to sleep better and do more.
You can find out more information at:
WHAT YOU’RE DOING
Be a team leader
You have a leading role in the design team in order to grow the product portfolio for Manta Sleep: http://mantasleep.com
You work closely with the Design Director and report progress to him and the CEO.
You also help to expand the team locally in Taipei, as needed.
One of the greatest challenges in turning designs into shippable products is working with our Chinese manufacturers & suppliers.
You will need to:
Manage the delicate and complex relationships with our manufacturers
Visit factories when needed
Communicate product requirements and specifications
Negotiate product features and pricing
Ensure our manufacturing partners deliver on time
Develop new products
You will be involved in the entire product development process:
- Design research
- Product ideation
- Team feedback
- Feature development
- User testing
- CMF / 3D / 2D
- Model & sample building
- Production documentation
- Mass production
- Quality control
- Quality improvements
Improve existing products
You will also be refining and improving our existing products.
The product design process involves communication with various parties, including marketing, customer service, operations, visual design, product design, manufacturers, etc.
You will need to bring everyone together in order to get the project done on time and on budget.
In summary, you will design products, get products manufactured in China, manage projects, and report progress to the Design Director and the CEO.
Someone with strong written & spoken English
- Your English must be at a business level.
- In the office, we speak English.
- All communications with our executives and team will be in English.
Someone with superb attention to details
- You are someone who pays attention to every little detail – not only in your work but in everything you do.
- This is a must-have for this position, and a fundamental core value at Vansburg.
Someone with a superb aesthetic sense
- You are passionate about design and have a strong grasp of current visual trends.
- You are highly creative and practical. Your designs are both beautiful and functional.
Someone with significant experience working with Chinese manufacturers
- You have years of experience working directly with Chinese manufacturers.
- You have a keen understanding of Chinese culture and how factories operate.
- You are great at managing relationships and getting things done.
Someone with industrial / soft goods design experience
- You have a deep understanding of the principles, tools, and processes for industrial design.
- Ideally, you have mass production experience with soft goods.
- Your educational background is in industrial, soft goods design or a related field.
- You have at least 8 years of relevant experience, and at least 2 years of leading projects.
- You have a profound understanding of how things are manufactured.
Someone with project management experience
- You can set objectives and get things done on time and on budget.
- You can communicate with multiple people, teams, vendors and bring everyone together.
Someone who is proactive and eager to take on responsibility
- In a small business environment, things come up, and problems need to be solved.
- If you are the kind of person who sits back and thinks “that’s not my responsibility,” then please don’t apply.
Someone who genuinely cares about others
- If you are the kind of person that genuinely cares about others, and gives generously of your time and energy in helping others, then we want you on our team.
Your career development will be supported in 3 primary ways at Vansburg:
1. Autonomy - your team leader defines the goal, you decide how to get there.
2. Learning - you will be given regular training and support for whatever else you want to learn.
3. Strength - we believe in maximizing your strengths rather than improving your weaknesses, so your role can be adjusted to leverage what you’re naturally good at.
We believe office politics is destructive, small-minded, and evil.
We believe in fostering cooperation rather than competition.
We believe in open and transparent communication.
We believe in showing appreciation and gratitude every day.
We believe the best ideas should win - not who the ideas came from.
At the end of the day, who better to describe the work culture at Vansburg than our team members?
Here is what some of them have to say:
“My favorite thing about working at Vansburg is the flexibility it offers. We have control over our projects, our learnings, and our work time, which is truly a blessing. ” - Daisy
“We are trusted to get our jobs done however we want to with no micromanagement. I believe this kind of autonomy is rooted in trust. Trust in us to get things done, and trust in knowing that we have the right person for the job.” - Lia
“A culture of mutual respect and safety - we're encouraged to share ideas freely and speak up when we have a different POV, and I think that's very healthy.” - Nadia
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Range: 60,000 - 120,000 NTD per month (depending on experience).
Bonus Program: Company-wide bonus program.
Starting Vacation Days: 14 days per year.
Insurance: Health & labour.
Open & Transparent Workplace.
Freedom & Control over Your Schedule.
Ownership of Your Work & Creativity.
Training Resources & Continual Development.
If so, we want to talk to you!
***Please ONLY apply using the link below:***
Note: International candidates must hold a valid Taiwan working permit.