In this role, you have the opportunity to
Create desirable design solutions for our Personal Health China local for local business, including male grooming, beauty and mother & childcare portfolios.
You are responsible for
• Independently lead projects with good understanding of budget and time constraints, driving efficiency and holding project level design quality reviews.
• Driving user centered design approach including analysis, exploration, storytelling, concept design, prototyping, evaluative testing and implementation.
• Creative leading in G&B for product design, driving E2E user experience from design perspective and innovation perspective
• Translate customer needs, research findings and business requirements into compelling, efficient and highly usable designs.
• You use appropriate and effective analytical and conceptual skills to increase domain knowledge and to create meaningful and innovative solutions.
• You use appropriate and effective visual design skills, such as sketching/modeling/prototyping to articulate and validate design solutions
You are a part of
A team that works closely with business management, marketing and engineering. We create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications. If you are curious to read more about the Philips Design organization, click on the following link:
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor or Master Degree in product or industrial design
• 5-8 years' relevant experience in one or more specific business domains and in one or more markets and cultures.
• Technical experience from the realization phase of the product development process is required
• Experience in personal consumer electronics is highly preferred
• You have good analytical & conceptual skills in order to gather relevant user insights, competitor studies and to create meaningful and innovative solutions
• You are a “hybrid skilled” Product Designer with excellent product design skills, a broad interest in Product, UX and user interaction design and curiosity for new technologies
• You have a professional, ambitious and collaborative mindset
• Ensuring all deadlines are met on time, with impeccable deliverables
• Building awareness of current trends through fashion, art, design, and digital related products through market research
• Having a strong narrative ability in verbal and written communication
• Showing excellent design skills, including hand and digital sketching and 3D Rhino or Solid Works
• You can communicate fluently in Chinese (Mandarin) and has proficient English speaking and writing skills
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.