Journey inspired - quality driven
The Winplus team is focused on adding innovation, style and value to Everyday Consumer Products. We are a global marketer, manufacturer and wholesaler of quality products including, Automotive Accessories, Consumer Electronics and Home/Lifestyle products.
The Soft Goods Sr. Designer leads the soft goods innovation, design and development efforts at Winplus. The Sr. Designer collaborates closely with product managers, the design team, factory vendors, and our Hong Kong development team and leads innovation in our soft goods products through discovering and implementing the use of new materials, technologies & constructions. Design and innovation includes seat covers, cushions, steering wheel covers, etc.
Level of responsibility
This position reports to the VP, Strategy and Design and has a high level of responsibility for all soft goods output to follow our agreed upon guidelines corporate design and manufacturing.
• Drive soft goods innovation through materials, technology integration, construction methods.
• Create and implement a design language across our soft goods products
• Oversee entire development and production process
• collaborate with product managers, design team, factory vendors, and our Hong Kong development team to prepare presentations and samples for line reviews.
• Create innovative product solutions through collaboration with marketing and development teams and have ready to present at customer line reviews.
• Work with internal teams to manage the on time and quality approved implementation of product innovations as part of approved customer programs
• Research and communicate current and developing market trends and their impact on product designs to internal marketing teams and customer buying teams
• 8+ years experience as full time soft goods designer for agency or corporate in-house design team, freelance designer, or equivalent
• Clear understanding and experience leading soft goods development and manufacturing processes
• Adobe Design Suite
• Must be able to manage several projects at the same time
• Must be able to manage communications between vendors and internal marketing, production and development teams
• Understanding of cut and sew pattern lines for production