Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a 3D Visualizer-Industrial Designer based in Towson, MD.
• Lead a significant portion of our design teams final product image delivery for our global brands: Black + Decker Power Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment and Home Products, DEWALT, Porter Cable & Stanley Fat Max Power tools.
• Work closely with the global marking teams and iD to support product image delivery using CAD models and rendering software packages.
• Own the quality and consistency in visualisation of our global product imagery and animation - used at point of sale, packaging, and online media to help promote and showcase our products around the world.
• Support the development of best practices and explore Innovative new assets with a focus to constant improvement.
• Learn and understand our current product development methods with a small percentage of time to support new product development and innovation overflow
• Attending design development meetings to lead efforts to visualize early advanced concepts and use animations to promote new ideas within the business.
• Weekly reporting of deliverables, working closely with development teams to ensure perfect representation of our new products.
• Coordinating with brand and communication teams to ensure the colour matching and visual accuracy of the images.
Skills: The successful candidate will,
• Demonstrate amazing rendering and animation skills; be skilled in the relevant software packages: KeyShot, CD4, SolidWorks, Creo, and Catia being a plus. Fluent with Adobe CC.
• Have an exemplary attention to detail and consistency in imagery delivered, understand preserve and champion a consistent look to our products.
• Experience/education in the product design sector. Be able to support on product graphic development and also help in Industrial Design development.
• Ability to stay organised be proactive in their approach, lead and manage deliverables and deadlines, streamline time spent doing multiple variations of renders for global SKUs.
• Strong communication skills and be able to convey information both verbally and via email to a Global audience.
• The candidate should be qualified to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent in Industrial design, Digital design, or similar field. Experience in construction of colour portfolios with explorations in CMF would be an advantage.
• 0-3 years of Experience in a related field.