Our Design team is growing and we’re looking for another talented designer to join us in answering the key question – ‘what is the real problem that needs solving?’
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional designer with significant experience and outstanding consulting skills to inspire our clients and to grow our global design reputation.
You’ll take a leading design role on a broad range of challenging projects working as part of multi-disciplinary teams of talented people with deep medical sector insight. You’ll contribute to proposal preparation and resource planning, provide project management support and support the development and communication of our design capability.
You will report to the Director of Design, and as a member of this talented and award winning design team you will play an active part in shaping the team through contributions to service and capability development, your own self-development, mentoring less experienced team members and knowledge sharing.
• A degree in Product / Industrial Design, likely 2:1 or above
• Significant client facing commercial design experience, most likely gained in a consulting or in-house design team with some medical product development experience
• Exceptional portfolio of products to evidence your relevant design skills
• Track record of delivering elegant design solutions to a variety of problems, demonstrating balance of form, function and user experience
• Great storytelling ability
• Applied strategic design thinking experience - the ability to see and convey the big story behind a concept
• Actively keeps abreast of design trends, materials and manufacturing implications of your design decisions, for later stages of product development
• Photoshop / Illustrator skills
• 3D rendering packages experience including 3D CAD experience – ideally SolidWorks and/or Pro Engineer – including detailed surfacing capability
• Great sketching ability from quick communication to presentation standard
• Knowledge of ergonomics, design research, engineering, user experience
About Team Consulting
Team Consulting is a multi-award winning medical device design and development consultancy serving a global client base from a 13th century barn in the Cambridge countryside. We design innovative and competitive devices to meet the needs of both patients and healthcare professionals.
How to apply
Please send your CV, portfolio and a brief covering letter telling us the story of why you are the person for this role.