Day to Day
As a User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for ensuring the next generation of home appliances are useful, usable and desirable. You will be a key contributor that guides products during the development cycle. Throughout this cycle, your daily activities evolve from understanding our consumers’ needs, developing design solutions to evaluating and refining the results. The diversity of working on several projects and brands simultaneously provides a unique experience every day. You will have the chance to work with other talented designers in an that environment fosters a culture of curiosity, creativity, craftsmanship, innovative problem-solving, and cross-disciplinary collaboration.
What You Will Do
• Drive and plan user-centered design activities as part of a global team within the product development processes.
• Create innovative user interaction designs for Whirlpool home appliance products and services that stand out in the marketplace.
• Understand our consumers’ needs, behaviors and abilities and be an advocate for them throughout product development.
• Develop, conduct, and analyze usability studies; providing input and actionable recommendations to strategic partners.
• Collaborate with other human factors, interaction design, and usability specialists in nurturing a world-class organization.
• Collaborate with strategic partners to define roadmaps for user experience design and technology application.
• Model Whirlpool core values of respect, integrity, diversity, and teamwork.
What You Need to Succeed
• Graduate degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Psychology, or a related discipline preferred.
• Strong portfolio of applying user-centered design practices in product design with 4+ years of experience.
• Demonstrated leadership experience; successfully planning and executing projects in accordance with a phases and gates development process.
• Skill in understanding and synthesizing user needs through methods like: contextual inquiry, persona development or participatory design.
• Skill in evaluating products using: heuristic reviews, formative and summative usability studies.
• Skill in developing industry-leading interaction designs. Experience creating low-fidelity software prototypes using popular software tools is a plus.
• Skill in applying ergonomic and anthropometric data to drive product improvements.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.