About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network – a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @whirlpoolcorp on Twitter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior/Lead Color, Material & Finish (CMF) Designer opening to join our Global Consumer Design organization.
Day to Day
The CMF Designer will drive the strategic palette development for use across Whirlpool's global product portfolio and create strategies to further enhance the brand experience.
This position is multi-disciplinary - the desire and ability to seamlessly work with other functions [Industrial Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Marketing, and Engineering] in our US, Asia, Europe, Latin America and Mexico studios is critical.
What You Will Do
• Design, develop strategy and implement color, material and finish solutions for multiple brands of home appliances
• Support the development and visualization of brand experience
• Forecast and analyze color, material and finish trends for regional and global products
• Understand and communicate home interior color, finish and material trends
• Present and communicate color direction and strategy to a wide audience – storytelling is key
• Produce high quality renderings to effectively illustrate CMF solutions
• Collaborate with other design disciplines (globally and regionally), product marketing, development, and vendors to execute on overall project objectives, deliverables, and timelines
• Create, maintain and communicate CMF strategy documents
• Contribute to the maintenance of the CMF library
• Build and maintain relationships with business partners throughout the corporation
• Mentor and lead junior staff
What You Need to Succeed
• Minimum 5 years of relevant color, material and finish design experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, or equivalent creative background
• Fluent in English language, written and spoken
• Effective interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people
• Demonstrate passion for color and design
• Knowledge of product design and manufacturing processes including broad technical knowledge on materials and finishing (metals, plastics and coatings etc.)
• Ability to effectively sell your ideas
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator and KeyShot
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
EEO Disclosure Whirlpool is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled