Worrell Inc. is a product design, development, and strategy firm with offices in Minneapolis and Shanghai. Since 1976, we've partnered with leaders in corporations and forward thinking entrepreneurs to improve lives globally through design.
We help the world's most admired companies turn consumer insights into visual solutions, create product and technology strategies for new markets, design delightful user experiences, and develop products leveraging our internal and international supply chain partners.
Worrell is currently seeking a passionate and talented Industrial Designer to join our Minneapolis team. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of relevant work experience and a strong portfolio with an emphasis on design thinking, quality sketching, 3D modeling and beautiful illustrations. Candidates are required to have a 4-year degree in design.
As a part of our Industrial Design group you will collaborate with a strong team of designers to develop ideas and solutions for clients. You will contribute to all stages of development, from initial research and sketching, through 3D modeling and prototyping.
Candidates should possess:
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to juggle several types of projects at once.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for medical device design
- Ability to produce elegant and innovative design solutions.
- Excellent sketching and Photoshop/ Illustrator skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of material applications as they relate to manufacturing and costs.
- A positive attitude and good sense of humor.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS, BA or equivalent (4-5 year) degree in Industrial Design
- 3+ years or relevant work experience in Industrial Design
- Advanced knowledge of common design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling (Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, or Fusion360)
- US citizen or permanent resident
Please send inquiries with Resume and Portfolios.
Please visit our website to learn more about the company’s history as well as past projects and clients we work with.