Design2Gather is an industrial product design studio in China and The Netherlands. Our main expertise is in kitchenware: cookware, drinkware, electronic kitchen appliances.
We are looking for a senior industrial designer with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience who is able to execute market- and user researches and create innovative design solutions. If you are interested to join our creative team in Shanghai, please read further!
Key tasks include (but are not limited to)
• Participate in the full end-to-end product development from research and early ideation, to product refinement, development and launch
• Lead and execute market and user research to define clear project opportunities
• Create ideas and concepts based on the research insights
• Make client presentations of the created work (by you and other team members)
• Work out detailed concepts defining technical solutions, color, finish and materials
• Support the development process by preparing 3D files which can be prototyped to test the essential features of the product
• Communicate all details of the product with the engineers who will prepare the designs for mass production
• Work alongside other designers (currently 2)to deliver high-end work aligned with the studio’s DNA
Skills and attributes (required)
• Bachelor or masters degree in Industrial design, product design, or a similar educational background
• Strong portfolio demonstrating your approach, ideation and execution, not just the end result
• Self-motivated and excellent management of time and goals
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Be strategic and hands on
• Experience in market research and user studies
• Ability to lead clients and project towards a well defined goal
• Excellent 2D and 3D visualization skills
• High proficiency in 3D CAD and rendering software
• Strong affinity with color, material, finish and form
• Great communication skills to present the work to clients
• Strong English communication skills
Skills and attributes (beneficial)
• Experience in embodiment design (you can identify yourself with this value if you are a prototype geek who makes 30 prototypes a day to get the correct fit of 2 parts right)
• Enjoys having some Friday-afternoon-drinks with us!
What is in it for you
• A dynamic working environment in one of the biggest and most vibrant cities in the world, Shanghai.
• Lots of freedom and a big responsibility due to direct contact with clients (retailers and manufacturers) all around the world
• Involvement in strategic decision for the development of the company
• The opportunity to gain international design awards and the possibility to see your designs in production at a worldwide scale
• Deep involvement in different areas related to product design for a successful market launch
Due to the COVID situation the administrative work for your visa will take around 2-3 months. Therefore we will offer you a temporary workspace in our office in Eindhoven at the start of the job.