Boon, a division of Tomy International, is looking for an industrial designer who fits our company culture. We consider ourselves to be a group of fun, friendly, solution driven people and strive to create products that echo these attributes.
We have fun with each product- the development phase is playtime at Boon. We don’t limit ourselves- our product line is extensive and you will not get bored here!
We work with many types of materials, and frequently do what hasn’t been done before. Our goal is to create brilliant products with the most simple, clean forms. Less is more at Boon!
Our thing is problem solving and ingenuity, and simple yet effective design is our passion. Boon is a leading innovator, designer and manufacturer of infant and baby products. We are driven by a strong desire to create modern products that help simplify parent’s lives while retaining their personal style.
• This position will
include ideating, sketching, prototyping, SolidWorks solid and surface modeling
• Communicating on a regular basis with our international partners
• Multi task, multi manage in a team environment
• Bring fresh and innovative ideas to each phase of design development
• Be able to communicate with other disciplines within the design department and other business functions for appropriate execution of the projects
• Manage the design process around the agreed time-lines and cost
• Ability to design with a modern aesthetic
• Ability to design within a given set of feature and cost parameters
• Solidworks solid and surfacing experience
• Ability to produce tooling-ready CAD
• Understanding of molding, plastics, metals, and soft goods (a plus)
• Strong spatial and mechanical understanding
• 3-5 years of relevant product design experience
• BA or BS in Industrial Design
• Comfortable working within an organic fast-paced design process
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If interested, please shoot over your resume, with salary requirement, and portfolio
Check us out! Booninc.com
Email title "leManoosh - Product designer"