About London Design Centre (LDC):
LDC is Huawei’s European design centre based in London targeting global needs. It belongs to Huawei Device Company and is managed by Huawei CXD Centre. Its mission includes the following:
• to utilize its outstanding design competence in creating world-class solutions to meet the company’s design needs, with a main focus on terminal devices, especially smart phone products.
• to capture emerging global trends and consumer needs, incorporate the observations and analysis into design, and provide important input to the formation of our future strategy.
• to maintain close customer relationships and networks and understand their urgent needs. Step by step, Huawei strives to strengthen its own Brand influence while prioritizing the voices of our customers. This mandates LDC working closely with local marketing and customers, to secure Huawei’s offerings and fulfil their needs.
• to build a truly international design competence centre and a powerful creative engine with diversified talent from multi-cultural backgrounds.
Huawei London Design Centre would like to hire a Graphic designer with packaging and GUI experience, to join our design team in London. The designer should have at least 3 years of experience.
Devices and handsets
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Produce high-quality visual / UI designs for mobile devices (icons, graphical assets, overlays, mobile themes, and typography). The successful designer must have proven experience from concept to execution.
• Possess an understanding of mobile platforms and user experience.
• You will have previous experience delivering a brand across multiple touch points, with a particular emphasis on packaging.
• You will be a strong and clear communicator and will be presenting your work to headquarters in China.
• You will be fascinated and influenced about all aspects of design and an inspiring force for both your colleagues in the UK and abroad.
• Eager to adapt and learn new design applications.
• Ability to both give and take direction.
• A natural eye for modern design style and trends.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects/Premiere).
Please submit resume and portfolio in PDF format.