We seek motivated individuals to join our Experience Design team in Needham, MA. You will collaborate with a team of designers and assist in the creation of consumer product experiences for the home.
- Understand SharkNinja's brands in order to help define the future strategies of the products and company
- Apply a human-centered design approach to translate consumer insights into meaningful product solutions that will delight consumers both on an emotional and functional level
- Sketch concepts for conceptual brainstorming as well as for presentation
- Bring products from concept to production
- Create visual and functional prototypes for research and internal review
- Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems creatively
- Communicate design intent to factories by creating Technical ID Specifications detailing fit, finishes, color, graphics, etc.
- Maintain quality assurance standards for design and color integrity throughout the product lifecycle
- Have knowledge of current trends, materials and innovations within the design and small appliances
- Explore new market opportunities and portfolio propositions
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Marketing to innovate, design and implement simple and elegant design solutions
- Additional duties as requested by management team
Attributes & Skills:
- A holistic approach to Product Design that expands beyond the product features to include the experiential attributes that engage all human senses
- A Design Thinking mindset and passion to design products that capture the minds and hearts of consumers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- Strong detail orientation with proven ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- Strong analytical ability with proven strength in suggesting creative solutions and innovative ideas
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance
- A strong, original portfolio of creative work that clearly demonstrates a product development process as well as a clear sketching technique- suitable for executive presentation
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering and part design
- Ability to deliver clear CAD to Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of full User Experience (from out-of-box experience to embedded UI controls)
- Strong team player
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- 2+ years of experience working as a designer in small appliances, consumer electronics, medical, or a related field
- 2D skills via sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Proficiency with CAD- Rhino or Solidworks, required
- Samples of work and/or portfolio will be required
Needham, MA, USA