Design Partners is a strategic product design consultancy. We believe that great design lives at the intersection of artefact and experience. For over 30 years, our interdisciplinary team has been tuning-in to ambitious clients and bringing bold, meaningful visions to life.
Our clients include HP, Corning, Calor, Philips, Ultimate Ears, LG, Logitech & Panasonic.
The role: Industrial Design Internship
We are looking for an end of degree or recent graduated industrial designer to join our brand new Dublin HQ studio. You will work alongside our interdisciplinary team to help build the vision for some of the world's most exciting consumer, professional and healthcare brands.
You will be responsible for a broad range of creative activities including idea generation, concept exploration, presentation building and the integration of craft skills and CAD techniques.
We will help you to develop your creative voice and your visual acuity as part of your professional development. You will be given direct client contact where appropriate and will be introduced to our unique approach to brand development and how it relates to product design.
This is a six month paid internship contract with the potential for extension on review.
* Highly creative, motivated and ambitious with incredible design sensibilities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to articulate and convince others of your ideas.
* Passionate about tuning-in to brands and consumer motivations.
* Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team.
* Passionate about team work
* Eager to take your first step on your professional career.
* Translate research on user motivations and desires into meaningful design propositions.
* Take direction & learn from others.
* Take initiative and support project teams effectively.
* Demonstrate high-level proficiency with 3D CAD software (preferably Rhino), Keyshot, Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Provide a strong aesthetic point of view while remaining responsive to critiques and redirections or changes.
* Excellent sketching abilities
If you’re interested & qualified, please send us the following:
* CV & Portfolio of your work - PDF format (5MB max).
* Cover letter / email that addresses why you’re the right person for this job, addressing the requirements as listed above.