Huawei is looking for talented Industrial Designers with a broad range of skills, and 1 to 10 years’ experience designing products, wearables, and accessories (experience in fashion, apparel, footwear are welcome).
Who we are
• We’re the London Design Studio of global consumer electronics manufacturer Huawei. Our studio is a young team of international industrial designers, based in the well-connected and vibrant Kings Cross area.
• We work on operational and future-oriented projects across a variety of product domains: smartphones, wearables, accessories, consumer audio, and more.
• We are looking to add a talented innovation-oriented designer to the team.
• You are a British citizen, or have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• 1 to 5 years of experience in producing high quality work in-house or in a consultancy environment.
• Your work draws influence from leading contemporary fashion and/or new forms of 3D visual art.
• Proficient in visualizing ideas in 3D (Rhino, Catia, Solidworks, Blender, Keyshot, C4D, Houdini, Marvelous, Grasshopper, etc). Good capabilities in hand-sketching are preferred.
• You have an intuitive understanding of user psychology and social trends.
• A good knowledge of material technologies, manufacturing processes, and product engineering; and an interest in new technologies.
• Have solid capabilities in information synthesis, strategic, systemic & critical thinking, and problem-solving.
• A high level of self-motivation and initiative, and an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively.
• Create unique, innovative, and meaningful archetypes that pioneer markets and champion user needs.
• Develop and mature design concepts, in line with user needs, market context, and company requirements.
• Visualize design intents through 3D models that are both aesthetically accurate and technically feasible.
• Participate in team design reviews, share professional opinions and inputs.
• Proactively seek for ways to create value for the company and its customers.
Apply via the link below by sending us CV, PDF portfolio (no external links please) and a very short statement about your motivations for working at Huawei. Please use “Industrial Designer” as email subject. We will consider all applications and contact selected candidates.
Privacy Notice - Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please follow the link below;