Nonfiction turns science fiction into reality for a better future.
Are you interested in doing much more than industrial design?
Do you have a passion for working on things that make the world a better place?
Are you fairly independent and work well with others?
• A "let's figure it out" attitude
• Be cultured and constantly aware of what's going on in the world
• 5+ years of experience working in the field of industrial design
• A history of being dependable, timely, responsive, and really fun to work with
• A good balance of risk-taking and realistic decision-making
• All the hard skills required of proficient industrial designers (ideation, storytelling, conceptual design, 3D CAD modeling, renderings, model making, animation, solving technical problems, CMF, etc.)
• A good understanding of the product development process (PRD, concept design, prototyping, user testing, DFM, tooling, mass manufacturing)
• Must love working with non-designers (e.g. engineers, architects, scientists, business people, etc.)
• Great communication skills. Accents are okay, as long as you make sense.
• An excellent sense of aesthetics
• A solid sense of humor
• Jack/Jane of all trades
• Something very unique and interesting about your background
• Computational design skills
• An eye for graphic design and photography
• Gigantic egos
• A disrespect for engineers
• High-maintenance individuals
• You will work on things that sound like science fiction
• A nice office space to work in
• Working with very interesting people
• Working outside of your comfort zone
At this time, we are not able to accept applications from people who are not already allowed to work in the US.
If this profile sounds like you, please share your CV and portfolio link to [email protected] Serious applications only.