Tiller Design has a long standing, enviable reputation for excellence in Product Design and Innovation.
We are growing and are looking for Senior Industrial Designers.
Our projects are diverse ranging from start-ups, complex electro-mechanical devices in a wide range of industries and medical projects.
You will find yourself working alongside world leading research agencies helping to translate technologies into innovative products in healthcare, sustainability, consumer goods and technology driven projects.
Our team is highly experienced and our workplace collaborative, flexible and supportive.
You will have a demonstrable talent to create simple, elegant solutions to complex design problems. You will have the experience to translate concepts into well considered manufacturing solutions.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• 5+ years of experience in product design within commercial or consulting environments
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken - English) with experience running client meetings
• Experience in creating CAD designs (Solidworks or Creo) for injection moulding, sheet metal fabrication, CNC machining and electronics integration
• An ability to create and communicate innovative and thoughtful concept ideas
• Managed projects through the full design and development process.
• Be collaborative and willing to work well in a team.
• Medical Device design and development experience is desired but not essential.
• An empathetic user advocate, with experience in translating user research and insights into compelling design solutions.
This role is located in Sydney, Australia. You will be required to work from the office for part of every week. Candidates with Australian work rights are preferred however Visa Sponsorship can be considered for the right candidate.
Please submit your CV and portfolio of your best work showing your iterative problem solving ability and sketching. We look forward to receiving your application.